Enjoy hill tribe experience with fun and educational activities such as biking, water rafting, tea garden tour and Thai cooking class.
Category: Soft Adventure Tours & Thai Cooking Class
Duration: 3 Days /2 nights
Cost: start from 13,250 THB per person / 440 USD per person (based on 2 persons travelling together)
Validity: 01 November 2018 – 31 October 2019
Upon arriving at the lodge in the morning (10 am.), you will be greeted with a welcome drink. The Lisu guide will then take you for a walk in the village. Your first visit is Ton Lung temple, a place where local people go for spiritual guidance. The temple’s herbal garden has many medicinal plants that are used by the villagers. Your next stop is the shaman’s house. You will have a cup of tea and chat with him about his spiritual practice.
Return to Lisu Lodge for a tasty Thai Lunch. After lunch, you will visit
- Rice paddies – Walk with our guide through rice paddies where we work together with the villagers to grow rice without the use of pesticide and insecticide. Besides strolling through the green or the golden carpet of the paddy fields, depending on the season, you will learn and participate in the various stages of rice cultivation in northern Thai style.
- Himmapaan nursery – Learn about the flora of northern Thailand and how we restore the forest eco-system at a a tree nursery of the Himmapaan Foundation whose goal is to support and implement environmental and social projects by working with local communities in areas affected by tourism.
- Vegetable garden – Visit the vegetable garden where we produce organic fertilizer from leftover organic waste and grow a variety of vegetables and fruits that are used in several dishes served at Lisu Lodge.
During the afternoon you have a choice of activities:
- Guided bike tour around the Lisu Lodge area
- Steam bath
- Thai Massage
- Ox-cart ride through farmlands and orchards to the Thai village of Baan Pang Mai Daeng – about an hour ending up back at Lisu Lodge
Spend the rest of the day at leisure. In the evening, enjoy delicious Thai dinner and watch a traditional Lisu dance. Overnight at Lisu Lodge.
Biking, Tea Garden Tour, River Rafting & Thai Cooking Class
After breakfast at the Lodge, start an exciting day with an easy 13 kilometers (8 miles) of cycling to Muang Guert village. Enroute stop at tea plantation – Stop off to relax and enjoy a magnificent landscape at our tea plantation where you will be led by an experienced guide who will introduce you to the process of growing and harvesting tea as well as vegetation propagation to produce tea seedlings at the nursery, whilst teaching you how to pluck tea leaves and enjoy a cup of fresh-roasted tea.
Continue cycling to a rafting station. After a healthy picnic lunch by the river, you will go on an exciting ride, about 45 minutes of white water rafting that takes you a Thai country village. From there, you will return to Lisu Lodge. After arriving at the lodge, relax at your leisure until late afternoon.
At a Thai cooking lesson in the evening, you will be taught how to prepare an authentic Thai meal (4 dishes). All major ingredients in Thai cooking will be introduced along with the concept of balancing the 5 flavors commonly found in many Thai dishes. You will receive a ‘Thai Recipe Book’ that explains the recipes with information about local herbs and their nutritious benefits.
At dinner, you will enjoy the dishes that you have prepared. Overnight at Lisu Lodge
Note: Biking and whitewater rafting are not recommended for children under 10 years old.
Breakfast at the lodge
The second cooking class begins with a history of rice cultivation in Thailand, focusing on different types of rice species and Thai rice farming tools. Then, you will be taught how to cook Thai sticky rice.
Visit the lodge’s organic vegetable garden and rice field. You will pick herbs and vegetables from the garden to use in the cooking class.
Enjoy lunch that you prepared earlier. After that, check out from the lodge.